April 14, 2021
108: From frustrated leader to impactful facilitator with Bjarne Holmes
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
What can educators and facilitators learn from each other to benefit their practice? And where do the two crossover?
These are wide-ranging questions and the kind that open up rabbit holes of complexity… but this is exactly why I wanted to explore them with Bjarne Holmes.
Bjarne is a Professor of Psychology at Champlain College, a relationships expert, and a researcher for the remote video conferencing tool InSpace. His experience of both facilitation and education, with the added factor of developing a remote learning tool, made him the perfect person to explore this topic.
Find out about
- Identifying the microcultures of each individual workshop and lesson
- The perils of overpreparing and how to balance our need for safety with the group’s need for self-determination
- The power in peer learning and handing participants and learners the reins
- Why experiential education should be our priority and why the lecture format is the fastest way to lose a room
- Exploring collective consciousness and group intelligence
- The merits of online, asynchronous learning (and its drawbacks)