April 21, 2021
109: How to talk about soft topics with rational people with Marloes Sikkema
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Purpose is becoming an increasingly important part of corporate culture, but how there are still misconceptions and doubts about its value – especially in ‘rational’ fields, such as engineering.
But the thing is, every company has a purpose – even if it doesn’t seem obvious to the people within it.
How can we help clients understand purpose, empower their people to take ownership of their part in it, and take it away from theory and into ‘real world’ application?
Marloes Sikkema, the founder of AMICA Innovatie and designer of ZENITH (the Purpose Anatomy game), is the perfect person to ask… so I did!
Find out about
- What the work before the workshop looks like if you want to help people understand purpose
- Marloes’ technique for translating ‘elusive’ purpose into ‘rational’ language
- Cutting through buzzwords and broad terms when defining purpose
- Managing the risk of opening schisms and misalignments within a company
- Why innovation and purpose share far more in common than we might think
- Exploring ‘purpose in action’ – the real-world application of purpose
- Marloes’ one piece of advice for anyone who wants to push their company towards a conversation around purpose
Feeling inspired by the conversation in this episode? We can have our own – take a seat at my virtual table as part of a Mastermind Group.
And if the idea of NeverDoneBefore 2021, the community of facilitators, caught your attention; why not explore it in more detail now?