May 5, 2021
111: More Space for Innovation through Facilitation with Dan Levy
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Facilitating innovation in times of need, the world of ‘futuring’, examining greys in a black and white world – these are big topics, but Dan Levy explores them with guile and clarity.
This is little wonder, as Dan is a deeply-experienced in a variety of fields. Moving from sports media to UX design and later to facilitating strategy and innovation, Dan’s CV is a rich, broad spectrum of fascinating experiences.
He joins me in this episode to talk about a little bit of everything – from the nuts and bolts of how and why he facilitates innovation workshops to creating wild ideas in the process of ‘futuring’.
It’s a real smorgasbord of thought-provoking nuggets. Tuck in!
Find out about
- How lateral thinking, design, and a little inspiration from his son led Dan to start his business
- Exploring the grey areas and shades in a world obsessed with black and white choices
- Understanding innovation as an outcome, not a process
- Why facilitating innovation in-house should come before outsourcing it
- Exploring ‘futuring’, its role in facilitation, and vice versa
- Dan’s methods for empowering clients to get the right people in the room
- How to deal with dissenting voices in a workshop – and why we shouldn’t simply try to silence them