May 5, 2021
111: More Space for Innovation through Facilitation with Dan Levy
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Facilitating innovation in times of need, the world of ‘futuring’, examining greys in a black and white world – these are big topics, but Dan Levy explores them with guile and clarity.
This is little wonder, as Dan is a deeply-experienced in a variety of fields. Moving from sports media to UX design and later to facilitating strategy and innovation, Dan’s CV is a rich, broad spectrum of fascinating experiences.
He joins me in this episode to talk about a little bit of everything – from the nuts and bolts of how and why he facilitates innovation workshops to creating wild ideas in the process of ‘futuring’.
It’s a real smorgasbord of thought-provoking nuggets. Tuck in!
Find out about
- How lateral thinking, design, and a little inspiration from his son led Dan to start his business
- Exploring the grey areas and shades in a world obsessed with black and white choices
- Understanding innovation as an outcome, not a process
- Why facilitating innovation in-house should come before outsourcing it
- Exploring ‘futuring’, its role in facilitation, and vice versa
- Dan’s methods for empowering clients to get the right people in the room
- How to deal with dissenting voices in a workshop – and why we shouldn’t simply try to silence them
Don’t miss the next show: Subscribe to the show with your favourite podcast player.
Thanks to our sponsor “Dancing with Markers”. Get the workshops work discount for Lauren’s upcoming visual facilitation course!
Questions and Answers
More Space for Light’s Website
The Future of Now, the monthly talkshops Dan organised following the pandemic
More Space for Light YouTube