May 12, 2021
112: Demystifying Visual Collaboration with Ole Qvist-Sørensen
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Find out about
- Why communicating complexity requires more tools than just language
- Separating graphic recording, visual facilitation, and visual collaboration
- How to manage the risk of miscommunicating when using visuals
- How visuals can complement language, not replace them
- Exercises and ideas for implementing visual collaboration in workshops
- How we can address bias in our visual communication
- Whether we should consider updating our cultural iconography for the digital world
Questions and Answers
01:01When did you start calling yourself a facilitator?
04:09Has your definition of facilitation changed over the last 20+ years?
08:42What’s the difference between visual collaboration and visual facilitation?
12:39How do you deal with things getting ‘lost in translation’ when we communicate visually?
25:17How can we prepare a group for visual collaboration and avoid having a long ‘training’-focused introduction?
32:01To what extent can visual communication be biased and how can we challenge this?37:37What makes a workshop fail?
40:07What did you learn from your ‘failed’ experience?
42:59What would have been the best moment to introduce visual collaboration in this instance?
49:14Have you ever had a client that found visual collaboration to be ‘too alien’?
51:09What is the one thing you would like listeners to take away from this episode?