July 7, 2021
120:Facilitating Group Dynamics - with Grace Lau
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Group dynamics are always present in the room, whether or not we choose to acknowledge them.
What can we do to understand and manage group dynamics – and our place within them?
As an organisational psychologist, vastly experienced facilitator, and insightful thinker, Grace Lau is the perfect person to answer this complicated question.
Tune into this episode to get a stronger grasp on group dynamics, explore organisational psychology, and to hear the surprising reason Grace why locks herself in the bathroom during workshop breaks!
Find out about
- How and why people’s characters flex and flow in different groups
- Why it’s okay to interfere with a group’s dynamic for the sake of the workshop’s objective
- Why we should reconsider the unnatural (and impossible) idea of neutrality
- How changes in dynamics are often the result of patterns, not single events
- Stories from Grace’s experience of facilitating workshops on group dynamics
- How social cues have (and have not) translated to online tools, adjusting group dynamics without us realising
- What impact hybrid workshops will have on group dynamics