July 14, 2021
121: How to improve our and our groups' mental fitness with Jodie Rogers
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
We are experiencing a long-overdue explosion of information and awareness about mental health. Just as we’ve steadily developed great interventions for our physical ills, we are now developing similar solutions for our mental ills.
But prevention is always preferable to cures.
Developing our mental fitness can have a hugely positive effect on us as individuals, collectives, and professionals, but it’s not yet a prominent part of the public discussion around mental well-being.
Jodie Rogers, founder of Symbia, mental fitness expert, and published author, is on a mission to make mental fitness a key part of how we live and work. She joins me in this episode to share how we can start practicing better mental fitness individually and collectively.
Find out about
- What the difference is between mental health and mental fitness
- The evidence behind mental fitness and Jodie’s work in the field
- How Jodie coaches mental fitness in corporate settings
- How we can all work on our mental fitness independently
- The common cognitive traps we set ourselves and what we can do to increase our awareness of them
- How and why to prime a group before a workshop
- Why Jodie thinks it’s important to call out signals of discontentment, boredom, or disagreement in a group