August 4, 2021
124: Human activation as the foundation of facilitation with Patrick D. Cowden
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
123 episodes later, we return to where it all started.
In truth, I believe I could have recorded 124 episodes exclusively with Patrick Cowden and we’d still have another 124 episodes’ worth of discussion in us.
Anyone who has met Patrick – whether in our monthly NeverDoneBeore ‘spa’ sessions, in a client setting, or in passing – can attest to his warmth, vision, and energy.
We sat down to explore his much-loved and much-lauded method for establishing human connection – his ‘interaction protocol’. We also explore why appreciation is the universal building block and how we can understand the domino effect of interaction, connection, and collaboration.
And, if that wasn’t enough, you can hear us practice the interaction protocol ‘live’ on the show!
Find out about
- What it means to embody ‘beyond’ in life and work
- The magical 90 second protocol that helps people find themselves and each other in a conversation
- A live enactment of Patrick’s interaction protocol – between the two of us!
- What Patrick has learned from over 3,000 sessions using his protocol
- Why Patrick prioritises appreciation over listening and reacting
- The fatal tension that Patrick sees in our push for hybrid work
- Patrick’s advice for anyone who wants to start using the interaction protocol