August 25, 2021
127: How to set up a successful co-facilitation process with Shoba Chandran
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Co-facilitation feels like a wonderful, secret club.
Those who’ve experienced successful co-facilitation understand the impact it has on outcomes, as well as the experience of participants and facilitators alike.
Those who haven’t often look at it as a ‘nice to have’, rather than an essential tool in the facilitator’s toolkit.
Shoba Chandran, owner and Founder of the Innovation Matrix and vastly-experienced facilitator, is firmly in the first group – and she’s eager to see more co-facilitation.
It just so happens that I feel the same way, which leads us perfectly to this knowledge-filled episode of workshops work.
Listen in to explore what it takes to successfully co-facilitate, how to start if you’ve never tried before, and what to strive for and avoid in co-facilitated workshops.
Find out about
- Identifying the boundaries, limits, and benefits of co-facilitation
- Why successful co-facilitation starts from practically the first conversation
- What the nuances of the co-facilitator dynamic are and how they show up
- Why personal connection tends to supersede professional competency
- How to align with your co-facilitator and set yourselves up for success
- What to consider if co-facilitating with a someone from the client’s organisation
Don’t miss the next show: Subscribe to the show with your favourite podcast player.
Thanks to our sponsor Deckhive. Click here to find out more about the new platform for using card decks in online facilitation. Use the code workshopswork to get the first month for free.
Questions and Answers
Collaboration By Design, the book which Shoba helped to co-create with wheretofromhere?