August 25, 2021
127: How to set up a successful co-facilitation process with Shoba Chandran
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Co-facilitation feels like a wonderful, secret club.
Those who’ve experienced successful co-facilitation understand the impact it has on outcomes, as well as the experience of participants and facilitators alike.
Those who haven’t often look at it as a ‘nice to have’, rather than an essential tool in the facilitator’s toolkit.
Shoba Chandran, owner and Founder of the Innovation Matrix and vastly-experienced facilitator, is firmly in the first group – and she’s eager to see more co-facilitation.
It just so happens that I feel the same way, which leads us perfectly to this knowledge-filled episode of workshops work.
Listen in to explore what it takes to successfully co-facilitate, how to start if you’ve never tried before, and what to strive for and avoid in co-facilitated workshops.
Find out about
- Identifying the boundaries, limits, and benefits of co-facilitation
- Why successful co-facilitation starts from practically the first conversation
- What the nuances of the co-facilitator dynamic are and how they show up
- Why personal connection tends to supersede professional competency
- How to align with your co-facilitator and set yourselves up for success
- What to consider if co-facilitating with a someone from the client’s organisation