September 22, 2021
131: Facilitating Joy in Public with Jacques the Party Scientist
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Fun, connection, acting without inhibition – it’s all part of the joy of being human… and it’s the subject of Jacques Martiquet’s extensive research.
I should stress, Jacques goes by another name: Jacques the Party Scientist!
Jacques made it his mission to foster moments of deep human connection in public spaces, to bring strangers together in vulnerability and happiness. You might not be surprised to hear that facilitation is at the heart of its successful implementation!
Join me and Jacques in this conversation as we explore the mechanics of human connection, the softer side of herd mentality, and what we can do to help people open themselves up to shared experiences of joy and connection.
Find out about
- Why synchronicity is fuel to the fire of public joy
- The steps Jacques follows to facilitate joy in public
- What an FIQ is and why lowering the barrier to participation can lie in raising the standard
- Why the success of a workshop hinges on the way we engage with disengagement
- How incremental, progressive actions can unify a group towards a shared experience they wouldn’t have thought possible
- The surprising impact physicality has on our self-knowledge, openness, and mood
Don’t miss the next show: Subscribe to the show with your favourite podcast player.
A huge thank you must go to SessionLab, the sponsor of Workshops Work. Claim your free two months of SessionLab Pro now – this deal is exclusive to Workshops Work listeners!
And if you prefer to watch our conversation, click here for the Youtube video.
Questions and Answers
The Party Scientist’s Lab: a newsletter and podcast for 1052 human connection professionals
The Fun Intelligence Quotient: learn how to embody and facilitate fun