October 13, 2021
134: Unlocking creative potential through collective drawing with Christopher Bent
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Chris Bent isn’t creative, he’ll happily admit.
Chris Bent is also the founder of Piccles, one of the best creative platforms I’ve seen.
If that doesn’t quite add up for you, the answer lies in collective drawing and its remarkable ability to help anyone and everyone communicate through creativity.
Since accidentally discovering the power of collective drawing, Chris has taken it in his stride and founded Piccles. Now, he helps groups of all backgrounds and interests access deeper communication through non-verbal creativity.
In this week’s show, Chris shares some incredible stories from Piccles workshops, describes some of the techniques he’s developed to help people access their creativity, and highlights the power of alternative methods of communication.
Find out about
- How a self-described non-creative person founded a creative collaboration tool in Piccles
- The questions we ask that aren’t questions, but subtle challenges or expressions of doubts
- How drawing can be a tool to bridge the gaps between our thoughts and our expression
- How Chris sets groups up so they can surprise themselves with their creative abilities
- The real-world applications of collaborative drawing software – from rock concerts to education to Earth Day
- Why we often get in touch with our creative side we are when we feel stuck or in a rut – and how to harness that power
Don’t miss the next show: Subscribe to the show with your favourite podcast player.
Our sponsor this week is Facilitator Cards – the pocket-size deck of 60 processes you can use to be more creative and flexible no matter what you facilitate. Check out shop.facilitator.cards and use code WorkshopsWork for free markers for your Facilitator Cards.