November 3rd, 2021
137: Creating space for inner connection with Jonathan Hefter
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Circles are everywhere: in nature, our biology, our art. There’s something sacred and special about them. So what happens when we introduce them to our facilitation practice?
This week, I dive into ‘circle’ facilitation with Jonathan Hefter, the Head of Experience Design, Facilitation, & Training at Circl.es.
We start by setting a mutual understanding of great facilitation; before diving into the complexities of holding judgements, learning to listen and centre others, and the physical and metaphysical power of gathering in circles; before coming full circle to the tools and tricks great facilitators can use to explore circle workshops.
We cover a lot of deep and challenging topics, but Jonathan has a way with words that makes the entire conversation feel easy and accessible. It’s no wonder he’s finding so much success with Circl.es!
Find out about
- Defining facilitation and what best practice looks like in circle workshops
- What it means to measure and balance energy and flow in a workshop
- How to help participants own their experiences rather than framing their best-guesses as informed advice
- Why circles – as a physical arrangement and a facilitation practice – can be so effective at unlocking deep connection and conversation
- The impact technology can have on our conversations without us realising
- What the difference is between vulnerability and openness
Don’t miss the next show: Subscribe to the show with your favourite podcast player.
And if the idea of NeverDoneBefore 2021, the community of facilitators, caught your attention; click here to explore it in more detail!
A huge thank you must go to SessionLab, the sponsor of Workshops Work. Claim your free two months of SessionLab Pro now – this deal is exclusive to Workshops Work listeners!