November 24th, 2021
140: How to use Applied Improv to Enliven your Workshops with Shannon Hughes
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Using “yes-and”, following the flow, and focusing on the process as much as the outcomes… Is this improv or facilitation?
The two share a lot in common! When we combine them, we can create amazing, immersive workshops.
And that’s exactly what I discuss with Shannon Hughes in this week’s episode. Shannon dedicates her work to generating ‘aliveness’ – helping leaders come alive and bringing confidence, connection, and creativity to teams.
Now, she’s sharing the lessons she’s learned from bringing applied improv into corporate spaces – and how facilitators can bring a little more improv and play into workshops to amazing effect.
Find out about
- How beneficial it can be to remember that facilitators are guides, not teachers
- The multiple skills we – as communicators, colleagues, and people – learn from improvisation
- How to apply improvisation for conscious leadership (with a helpful acronym)
- Why absence has a bigger impact than presence – especially when it comes to leaders
- How we can become better listeners and help others to do the same
- The tools you might already be using in your workshops that you can apply to improv
Don’t miss the next show: Subscribe to the show with your favourite podcast player.
Thanks to our sponsor Deckhive. Click here to find out more about the new platform for using card decks in online facilitation. Use the code workshopswork to get the first month for free.
Exclusive offer from Facilitator Cards for workshops.work listeners you can get 15% off your entire purchase at shop.facilitator.cards by using code workshopswork.