December 15th, 2021
143: Why Facilitators are Crisis Managers with Thomas Lahnthaler
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
From reframing problems to taking tips from MacGyver, Thomas Lahnthaler is full of great advice for anyone who has to manage a crisis.
And as our conversation in this episode revealed, facilitators are never far from a crisis – and that’s not necessarily a bad thing.
Thomas’ second time on the podcast brought just as much value as his first (episode 39), as we dive into the depths of crisis management, resourcefulness, reframing, creative activities, and why it’s so important to keep things person-centred rather than problem-centred.
Enjoy this exploration of facilitation and crisis management, you might be surprised by how much is relevant to you and your work!
Find out about
- What we fatally misunderstand about the order of importance in our crisis management
- Why crises are, before anything else, a human issue
- How to bring a group back from the brink of crisis
- Why resourcefulness is the superpower of the crisis manager
- Why knowing what the opposite of a crisis feels like will help us prevent future crises
- How we can use playful, creative activities to talk about difficult or personal issues
Don’t miss the next show: Subscribe to the show with your favourite podcast player.
Thanks to our sponsor Deckhive. Click here to find out more about the new platform for using card decks in online facilitation. Use the code workshopswork to get the first month for free.
Exclusive offer from Facilitator Cards for workshops.work listeners you can get 15% off your entire purchase at shop.facilitator.cards by using code workshopswork.