February 23rd, 2022
153:Transforming HR with Design Thinking with Nicole Dessain
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Nicole Dessain is a consultant, Design Thinker, and proud ‘recovering perfectionist’ – and sees those three labels as closely related.
Her work in HR consultancy is informed by her training in Design Thinking. In turn, this has taught her to value process over perfection.
Through Design Thinking, Working Out Loud, and facilitation, Nicole has found brilliant insights into HR – some breakthroughs, some roadblocks.
In this episode, Nicole eloquently explains her key learnings so far.
Combining facilitation and HR can produce some fascinating results and has some surprising applications. I highly recommend taking this crash course in HR, facilitation, and Design Thinking!
Find out about
- How and why the spotlight has fallen on Human Resources since 2020
- Why a shift of focus from ‘resources’ to ‘humans’ has become imperative
- What it looks like to apply Design Thinking to HR and how Nicole does it
- How Design Thinking asks us to challenge the judgement mindset HR can demand
- Why the number of workshops in a Design Thinking project will shift depending on an organisation’s culture
- How to present the results of a Design Thinking process in a memorable narrative structure
Don’t miss the next show: Subscribe to the show with your favourite podcast player.
Exclusive offer from Facilitator Cards for workshops.work listeners you can get 15% off your entire purchase at shop.facilitator.cards by using code workshopswork.
Questions and Answers
Check out Nicole’s design thinking services
Join the HR.Hackathon Alliance
Listen to the Talent Tales Show