April 13th, 2022
160: How to Build a Facilitation Business with Mireille Beumer
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Facilitation is a lot of things: we’d all agree on and understand it as a verb. Many of us would identify it as a profession. But how many of us understand it as a business?
Mireille Beumer wasn’t always in the business of facilitation. Yes, she was a freelancer offering facilitation services, but it took a little while longer for her to step into entrepreneurship and create her facilitation business.
It might seem like pedantic semantics, but it’s a crucial difference.
Learn what it means to create a facilitation business, rather than being a solo facilitator in this episode… and learn how Mireille did it herself!
Find out about
- Mireille’s journey of turning facilitation from a verb to a profession to a business
- The building blocks for creating a facilitation business
- Why asking for help brings success, but uncritically accepting advice doesn’t
- How a freelance facilitator operates differently to a facilitation business
- Why it is a folly to try and sell your ‘human’ services to businesses
- What Mireille recommends if you aren’t sure where to start with entrepreneurship
Don’t miss the next show: Subscribe to the show with your favourite podcast player.
A huge thank you must go to SessionLab, the sponsor of Workshops Work. Claim your free two months of SessionLab Pro now – this deal is exclusive to Workshops Work listeners!
Exclusive offer from Facilitator Cards for workshops.work listeners you can get 15% off your entire purchase at shop.facilitator.cards by using code workshopswork.