April 20th, 2022
161:Workshops are the Conflict Playground for Real Life with Ez Bridgman
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Intersectionality is a fundamental part of facilitation – and a common topic on this podcast – but, usually, we discuss it in relation to other professional disciplines.
It’s high time we looked at how facilitation can influence our personal lives, in our deepest and dearest relationships.
Ez Bridgman, creative experience designer and playful vitality proponent, joins this episode to discuss playfulness, vulnerability, and conflict. And, of course, how facilitation can be a guiding light through all those complexities in our relationships.
Find out about
- How Ez has curated a “garden of life” and how it’s helped him and those around him
- Why play isn’t always laughing, exuberance, and high energy
- Why sticking with your plan and ignoring the energy in the room can be disastrous
- How to use conflict to strengthen your relationships, not harm them
- What it means to make an agreement and why it’s critical to prove you’ll stick to it
- How to use ‘Theoretical Speed Dating’ to prepare a group for collaboration
Don’t miss the next show: Subscribe to the show with your favourite podcast player.
And if the idea of NeverDoneBefore 2021, the community of facilitators, caught your attention; click here to explore it in more detail!
Thanks to our sponsor Deckhive. Click here to find out more about the new platform for using card decks in online facilitation. Use the code workshopswork to get the first month for free.