May 4th, 2022
163:What do we facilitate for? A philosophical conversation with Dov Tsal
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Why do we facilitate? Who are we, as facilitators? Is shared understanding a goal?
Dov Tsal – Tao-inspired coach, mentor, and facilitator – is not one to shy away from the deep and challenging philosophical questions of our craft.
In fact, he’s usually the one asking them!
This was certainly the case in this episode – which is more of a conversation than an interview. We examine the role, purpose, and objectives of facilitators and explore the boundaries of our work and being.
An unmissable, unique episode for enquiring minds of facilitation.
Find out about
- Why acceptance of all outcomes grants us space to facilitate as the group requires
- How a workshop’s success or failure is predetermined by our expectations of its purpose
- What it means to be a passive facilitator
- Facilitating the group as an ecosystem, not individuals
- Why avoiding interference is the hallmark of great facilitation
- How to train your brain to see multiple perspectives on the same object
Don’t miss the next episode: subscribe to the show with your favourite podcast player.
And if the idea of NeverDoneBefore 2021, the community of facilitators, caught your attention; click here to explore it in more detail!
Thanks to our sponsor Deckhive. Click here to find out more about the new platform for using card decks in online facilitation. Use the code workshopswork to get the first month for free.