July 13th, 2022
173: It’s Not About the Workshop with Joeri Schilders
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Facilitation is such a broad brush with which to paint. Why is it, then, that so much of our work takes the form of workshops?
Meeting our clients’ needs and desired outcomes requires a flexible approach – one that will sometimes take us beyond the workshop format. But what does that look like and how can we step into new ways of working?
Joeri Schilders, founder of innovation specialists The Magic Sauce, is well versed in finding new ways to facilitate innovation and creativity. As you’ll soon hear for yourself in this episode, that experience has made him a goldmine of insights!
Find out about
- Why it’s best for everyone to accept that a workshop isn’t always the answer
- How you can facilitate innovation processes without a single workshop
- Why facilitators should identify as problem solvers, not workshop hosts
- How Joeri is learning to control his enthusiasm for the sake of the group
- Why negative workshop experiences don’t just waste time, but leave a mark against the format
- How Joeri’s free videos solving clients’ smaller problems double-up as an effective marketing tool