July 20th, 2022
174: Use Your Voice to Set the Tone with Joep Hegger
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Before a workshop, training, or speech, which do you spend more time thinking about: what you will say or how you will say it?
Joep Hegger would argue that your voice — your tonality and delivery — are just as critical to successful communication as the words you use. And he has plenty of research to back this up!
In this episode, Joep and I explore the enormous power of vocal training and the impact an intentionally projected voice can have on outcomes. This feels like a topic we will hear much more about in the future — you can get ahead of the trend and add it to your repertoire with this episode!
Find out about
- How science explains why our voices make our first impressions
- Why mirroring isn’t exclusive to our body language
- What happens when a facilitator speaks with openness, calmness, and confidence
- What defines a trustworthy voice
- The relationship between physical tension and outward expression
- How you can change different vocal elements to communicate in different ways