December 14th, 2022
Deconstructing the Meaning of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion with Meg Bolger
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Meg Bolger is one of a few returning guests to this show, originally featured in episode 133 (’The conversation I wish I heard when I started facilitating’).
Our conversation this time was a far cry from discussing what we wished we’d heard at the start of our careers. Instead, we focused on Meg’s area of expertise after 12+ years of development and practice: facilitating diversity, equity, and inclusion workshops and processes.
We stripped things back to their basics in search of universal language, juggled with contradictions, and explored the wider aims and outcomes of committing to a DEI process.
I learned a great deal in this episode and I hope you will, too!
Find out about
- Why language is holding back progress in the DEI space
- How to bypass buzzwords and reach a place of unity and understanding
- How to facilitate DEI processes
- How to consider DEI in your facilitation
- Why exclusivity can sometimes be used effectively to create inclusivity
- What to do when you feel friction or dissent against the workshop’s goals
Don’t miss the next episode: subscribe to the show with your favourite podcast player.