March 22nd, 2023
It’s Not About the Workshop - How to Make Workplace Learning Stick with Steph Clarke
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Sign up to download the full transcript of the show.
Workplace training and learning can inspire some varied responses. For some, a roll of the eyes and a sense of wasted time. For others (usually those who work with Steph Clarke), a brightening and lightening as possibilities open ahead of them.
Why is it that workplace learning is so variable across organisations? Steph can point to several root causes — and we spend this episode diagnosing the faults and suggesting their fixes.
From applying facilitation skills in unusual ways to bringing groups on board as co-creators, Steph opens up a world of possibilities for a future in which workplace learning is consistently valuable, relevant, and engaging.
Step into that future with us and enjoy Steph generously sharing her expertise!
Find out about
- Why delivering a pre-defined workshop or lecture is the worst way to engage a group
- What changes when you use real examples from participants’ work in your training
- How to design learning experiences with a collaborative heart
- Why learning a client’s language can transform your communication
- Why a rigid plan encourages participants to check out
- How you can design your training with, not for, participants