March 29th, 2023
Reimagine Work Through the Lens of Play with Pauline McNulty
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
No CEO or board is going to sign off on a project to make work more playful. This is because the misconception that play = games persists.
The reality, however, is that more play at work will lead to more effective teams and better collaboration.
Pauline McNulty joins me in this episode to explain why play, enjoyment, engagement, and purpose are all faces of the same die. When we roll it, they are all possible outcomes and they are all connected.
If we are bringing a group together to deliver on a goal (or goals), the opportunity for play is inescapable. It’s up to us to embrace it — and Pauline explains how and why that’s such a good idea.
Find out about
- How to create a work culture that prioritises joy — and how play connects with it
- Why the path to play in work starts with reexamining what work really means
- How to get in touch with your preferred way to play
- Why Pauline wants use to stop conflating play and games
- What the four levers to make work more playful are — and how to activate them
- Why reframing situations is the most powerful tool for playful work
Don’t miss the next episode: subscribe to the show with your favourite podcast player.