April 19th, 2023
Unleashing Autonomy: Facilitating Self Organising Systems with Bob Dick
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Sign up to download the full transcript of the show.
What happens to a group when there is no leader, no subordinates, and no sense of hierarchy at all? Bob Dick believes this is the optimal approach to group structures — to be self-organised, not instructed or commanded.
Quite how we can consistently achieve this is another question; one that Bob has been experimenting with for as long as he can remember.
Bob has rich experience in creating self-organising groups, facilitating their development, and knowing what not to do.
Find out about
- Why control — in all directions — is uncomfortable for Bob
- What happens when we remove the hierarchy from group settings
- How to initially facilitate a group to then adopt a self-organising system
- How Bob separates facilitators along a spectrum from sceptic to mystics
- What a self-organising group — the Australasian Facilitator Network — looks like in real life and how it operates
- Why the path to self-organising starts with honesty, empathy, and storytelling
Don’t miss the next episode: subscribe to the show with your favourite podcast player.