April 26th, 2023
Changing Change: How to Create Community and Culture Amidst Chaos with Rhys Cranney
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Sign up to download the full transcript of the show.
An organisational change process is a big deal. The whole operating system of a business can change, the context switches, the foundations can falter.
But systems are systems — they are malleable and hard-wearing. People, on the other hand, are sensitive and emotional and often hugely resistant to change. And it is people who have to live, work, and operate within these new systems.
Rhys Cranney wants the whole concept of change management to move away from a focus on systems to a focus on people and the emotional impact it brings. After hearing him speak so passionately in this episode, I think he will have many people supporting this belief!
Find out about
- Why the human desire for control makes the change process so complicated
- Why inclusion makes change so much more palatable
- How the process changes when we acknowledge the emotional cost it entails
- How facilitation affects physical, emotional, and mental wellbeing
- Why a bottom-up, individuals-first, approach can be helpful when planning change
- What’s different when everybody understands both the ‘why’ and the ‘how’ behind a change
Don’t miss the next episode: subscribe to the show with your favourite podcast player.