July 21, 2021
122: How to create magical human moments (online) with Jan Keck
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Magic isn’t stuck in children’s books and feel-good films, it’s here. It’s among us. It’s in our vulnerability, our connection, and our understanding.
The moment I met Jan Keck, I knew I wanted to speak to him on workshops work.
Jan has spent many years facilitating magical human moments – deep phases of connection and communication between people – and, well, isn’t that what so much of our work as facilitators comes down to?
So, join us as we weave threads between psychological safety, experience design, vulnerability, owning our mistakes and imperfections to find, when we look back, that we’ve inadvertently captured so much of what it truly means to be a facilitator.
It really is magical.
Find out about
- What it means to make magical human moments and Jan’s ‘campfire formula’ for them
- How to design activities that level the playing field and suit different personalities
- The power of stating out-of-bounds topics (such as small talk!) before an event
- Why vulnerability is a gateway to connection
- How Jan uses ‘cellphone sleeping bags’ to encourage connection in his workshops
- The power of reframing and how it gives us permission to fail
- What happens in the room when the facilitator admits something has gone wrong