October 20, 2021
135: A journey from Architecture to Facilitation with Florencia Ortelli
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
When it comes to workshops, we often talk about “making space” for people to express themselves creatively and authentically.
It’s a metaphorical phrase, but there is a lot to be found in the more literal interpretation.
And who better to explore both sides of that interpretation than Flor Ortelli – an architect-turned-facilitator?
In this episode, we interrogate the impact physical spaces have on our creativity and collaboration, how to design spaces for collaboration, and why we should always prioritise people and the way they use a space should always take priority over its design.
Find out about
- How architecture and facilitation share far more in common than we think
- Why it’s a fatal failing to build without considering by whom and how the space will be used
- How Flor is connecting dots between Agile, listening skills, and user-focus
- Why the pressure to have good ideas threatens even the best workshops – and how to release that pressure
- Why the value of sharing ideas is inherent, not dependent on our judgements of ‘good’ or ‘bad’
- Whether the attitude we bring into a space has more of an impact than the design of a space