December 22nd, 2021
144: From out of the box to unboxing: A mindset shift to facilitation and life with Jimbo Clark
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
A nickname like “The Box Guy” belies Jimbo Clark’s effervescence and brilliance. In fact, Jimbo has spent many years trying to help us open the boxes we put ourselves in (or put over ourselves).
And this mindset shift sits at the heart of our conversation in this episode – understanding the boxes we operate in and under, exploring what it means to step outside of them, and seeing what changes when facilitators adopt an unboxing mindset.
Jimbo is an exemplary facilitator and a wonderful podcast guest, bringing light and charm in abundance to accompany his razor-sharp expertise.
Find out about
- Why we need to look at, in, and around our own ‘box’ before we ask anyone to look at theirs
- The importance of taking what’s on the inside and displaying it on the outside
- How to help a group visualise their own box and physically create it – so they can escape it
- The many reasons why facilitators need to have an ongoing relationship with self-awareness and self-development
- Why we can’t lose sight of the client’s purpose in a workshop – and how that can present difficulties
- What facilitators have in common with midwives
Don’t miss the next show: Subscribe to the show with your favourite podcast player.
And if the idea of NeverDoneBefore, the community of facilitators, caught your attention; click here to explore it in more detail!
A huge thank you must go to SessionLab, the sponsor of Workshops Work. Claim your free two months of SessionLab Pro now – this deal is exclusive to Workshops Work listeners!