May 11, 2022
164:Facilitating the Emergence of Possibilities & Breakthroughs with Kimberly Wiefling
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
We all hope to facilitate breakthroughs – those “a-ha” moments when participants have a lightbulb over their heads, ideas synthesise, and new ideas emerge.
But we can’t legislate and plan for them, can we?
Of course, there are no guarantees… but Kimberly Wiefling (and her approach to facilitation) is as close to a guarantee as you can get!
Join us in this episode as we discuss failure, emergence, workshop design, behavioural economics, language, and many more topics by way of some deeply personal reflections and storytelling. It’s a wondrous episode!
Find out about
- How to facilitate for breakthroughs to occur, rather than leaving it to chance
- Where physics and facilitation intersect
- What a workshop of breakthroughs looks like – before, during, and after
- Why sharing a space and experience is critical to a workshop’s success
- How to use clothing to influence your creativity (and mindset in general)
- How using contracts (signed by employee and manager) can codify workshop outcomes
Don’t miss the next episode: subscribe to the show with your favourite podcast player.
A huge thank you must go to SessionLab, the sponsor of Workshops Work. Claim your free two months of SessionLab Pro now – this deal is exclusive to Workshops Work listeners!
And if the idea of NeverDoneBefore 2021, the community of facilitators, caught your attention; click here to explore it in more detail!