May 18, 2022
165:How to Design and Facilitate Thriving Communities with Anamaria Dorgo
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
Creating, maintaining, and growing a community is not for the faint-hearted. It’s an ongoing process of trial and error that requires a huge amount of commitment.
But, if you can get it right, you will see the value and joy it can bring.
As the curator of NeverDoneBefore – a relatively new community – I’ve started to geek out on all things community-based. This episode is the culmination of this obsessive interest, as I speak with Anamaria Dorgo – Head of Community for Butter and founder of L&D Shakers – about what it takes to curate a true community.
Find out about
- Why your definition of community will determine its success
- How great community practice and behaviour emerge from great modelling
- How to choose the right platform for your community
- Why engagement is the holy grail – and how to avoid chasing it into extinction
- What happens when you focus on members’ motivations for joining, not your vision of the community
- Why a community that’s started purely for financial reasons will never succeed
Don’t miss the next episode: subscribe to the show with your favourite podcast player.
Thanks to our sponsor Deckhive. Click here to find out more about the new platform for using card decks in online facilitation. Use the code workshopswork to get the first month for free.
Exclusive offer from Facilitator Cards for workshops.work listeners you can get 15% off your entire purchase at shop.facilitator.cards by using code workshopswork.