August 30th, 2023
Facilitating the New and Teaching the Inexistent with Jason Frasca and Iain Kerr
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
How would you facilitate something that doesn’t exist? Or, more to the point, how you would facilitate a group in a way that something inexistent could emerge?
Complexity and uncertainty make up most days for Jason Frasca and Iain Kerr. As co-founders of Emergent Futures Lab, they wouldn’t have it any other way.
The opportunity to hear from two experts in emergence, innovation, and facilitation felt like an early Christmas present! We explore what it takes to create space for genuine innovation and novelty, why collaboration and creativity are natural partners, and how to take our focus off of ‘ideas’ and onto experimentalism.
Find out about
- How facilitators can create a space for emergence, rather than ideas
- Whether we can teach something that doesn’t yet exist
- How to integrate provocation and perturbation into your facilitation toolkit
- Why power structures need to change for novel ideas to emerge
- How creativity, emergence, and collaboration feed each other
- How to get comfortable with experimental thinking and step back from our obsession with ‘ideas’
Don’t miss the next episode: subscribe to the show with your favourite podcast player.