November 29th, 2023
Unleashing the Power of Movement in Facilitation with Kate Spacek
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
A sense of belonging is one of the incalculable elements of a healthy, happy team. It’s either there or it’s not, right?
Not so, as Kate Spacek explains in this episode.
Kate’s work, for many years, has been in the realm of belonging: how we feel it, generate it, and nurture it. That work has brought her closer and closer to a strong thesis: that movement, sensing, and awareness are foundational to the whole process.
In this episode, she shares the journey of discover she’s been on, the most valuable tips and tricks she’s learned, and where she sees movement fitting in the wider world of facilitation. It’s a fascinating tool to add to one’s toolbox — don’t miss out.
Find out about
- How Kate works to generate and amplify a sense of belonging in her facilitation
- Why building a workshop on foundations of humour, playfulness, and levity creates a more accepting environment
- How movement helps us access ourselves and others in a deeper way
- Why moving without feeling is an incomplete process
- How corporate work gets our brains and bodies out of balance
- What we can learn from our bodies that our brains can’t tell us
Don’t miss the next episode: subscribe to the show with your favourite podcast player.
Put the episode’s best takeaways into practice with Skillding. Visit skillding.com/workshop to begin your journey from learning to doing. Track your progress as you hone your new skills. Start now!
Watch the video recording of this episode on YouTube.
The Movement of Belonging website.
Follow Movement of Belonging on Instagram.
Follow Kate on Facebook.
And find Kate’s podcast, Movement of Belonging, anywhere you listen to podcasts. It offers movement recipes you can try at home or as a fresh way to start your meeting or class.