December 27th, 2023
Facilitators in the Role of Participants – Insights from the NDB Festival 2023
Sign up to download the free 1-page summary.
This episode is a special one! You’re invited to time travel back to the NeverDoneBefore Festival, and join me in my virtual podcast boat where I speak to six of our talented facilitators over the 24-hour event: Becky Sawle, Sonja Sinz, Mirjam Leunissen, Célia Rene Corail, Etrit Shkreli and Marianne Oh
It’s a jam-packed journey, full of rich, multifaceted wisdom; each conversation offers a fascinating and thoughtful perspective, making the next hour and a half an exploration into facilitation as a whole, in its many wondrous forms.
We talk about the balance between structure and emergence, we find unexpected learnings in a Christian Andersen folktale and teachings from a Hindu goddess, we delve into embodiment, trust, costumes, language and neutrality, and how we can support neurodiversity in workshop settings. Phew, it’s a whistle-stop tour!
Find out about
- How costumes can create a safe space to tap into our creativity
- The balance between structure and emergence that appears through co-creation, and how to navigate the two
- Why conflict isn’t necessarily a bad thing; when you lean into it, we can strengthen relationships
- Why as a facilitator, we are the ultimate source of energy, transferring our feelings and emotions to the group
- How to use embodiment to shift moods, develop new behaviours, and why observing a deeper connection with our body is a journey into self-discovery
- Why we can draw inspiration from Shiva and Kali in Hindu mythology, to find the balance between presence and action
- How facilitators can balance diverse needs and preferences to support neurodiversity
Don’t miss the next episode: subscribe to the show with your favourite podcast player.
Put the episode’s best takeaways into practice with Skillding. Visit skillding.com/workshop to begin your journey from learning to doing. Track your progress as you hone your new skills. Start now!