February 10, 2021
099: How to grow your meeting culture with Elise Keith
Download my one-page summary of the episode instead of making your own notes.
Bad meetings are all too common, but they are merely the product of every bad meeting that has come before them.
So, how do we break the cycle of unstructured, imbalanced, aimless meetings and create a structure and process that makes meetings enjoyable and productive?
There’s nobody better to answer that question than Elise Keith, founder and CEO of Lucid Meetings.
Elise joined me in this episode to discuss the essentials of understanding meetings, how we can use them as tools to impact our work for the better, and what we need to do to reclaim their power.
So, join us for a conversation that explores how you can start the important design and preparation work of creating a strong meeting culture within any organisation.
Find out about
- Why good meetings are the result of structure and mandates, not chance
- How to get the basics – like structure and meeting minutes – right
- Comparing Amazon and Brené Brown’s meeting structures
- How online meetings can act as a great equaliser
- The most common thing we get wrong about meetings – and how to can avoid it
- How the shift to online meetings has democratised and simplified facilitation… and thrown up new complications
- How options for anonymity in online meetings can help us flatten the room
Feeling inspired by the conversation in this episode? We can have our own – take a seat at my virtual table as part of a Mastermind Group.
A huge thank you must go to SessionLab, the sponsor of Workshops Work. Claim your free two months of SessionLab Pro now – this deal is exclusive to Workshops Work listeners!